look at this
I don’t even know where to begin.
living in a small town is wonderful
- are there a lot of modes of transportation? nope! you either drive or you’re out of luck basically
- are there a lot of job opportunities? no! of course not
- are there things to do? hang out at the grocery store or go to the only movie theater the town has!
- are the people nice? of course not! not at all!
- are you close to anything interesting? nope! everything interesting happens hours away and you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere
Urgent - Please Spotlight:
I regret to tell you that Christina Fonthes - a dear friend and organiser of Rainbow Noir has been held against her will in The Congo - she was on a family holiday with her mother who has decided to have Christina ‘cured’ of her sexuality.
Christina has managed to escape from her aunt’s house and is currently hiding out with a friend. She has access to internet and has been communicating with us via email. The next available flight is 2nd September - 5 days away! Chris needs help and protection from the British Embassy in Congo but her mother has reported her missing and therefore we need to get in contact with both the UK Home Office and UK embassy in Congo to let them know that she is in danger and that her mother is lying/the one endangering her life!!
PLEASE SHARE THIS ON ALL YOUR NETWORKS. CALL, EMAIL, TWEET the British embassy on behalf of Christina - the more we call, the more attention it will bring to her case and hopefully they will act quicker in getting Christina to a safe place.
HER MOTHER HAS HER PASSPORT AND TRAVELING DOCUMENTS!
CHRISTINA’S LIFE IS IN DANGER. PLEASE DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.
If you can help please contact @RainbowNoirMCR or @WritersofColour on twitter.
UK EMBASSY: 0871 050 5840
DETAILS OF THE EMBASSY IN CONGO ARE HEREhttps://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-kinshasa
Please re-tumblr this. This is an actual friend of ours and we need your help to get her home safe.
- 19 days late but Hillary Clinton finally comments on Ferguson and she didn’t victim blame or use false racial equivalences. She called out social injustices and the frayed relationships between police and community members. She even addressed white privilege and institutional racism. Good commentary but poor timing and lack of genuine feeling. Clinton’s statement (x)
- 900,000 signatures calling for justice
- 5 protesters sue police for $41.5M over arrests
- Audio of the murder of Michael Brown aired by CNN has been authenticated.
this is the most important piece of voice acting history of the 21st century
Police brutality in Ferguson costs taxpayers millions.
Color Studies: Pink is a stunning photography series by Portland-based photographer Carissa Gallo, aiming to document her recent obsession with a multitude of muted colors.